1. How to upgrade the M3?
1. Please check the firmware version on your M3 in "System settings" -> "Player information" -> "FW xxx". If the firmware is below FW1.6 (including FW1.6), please first upgrade it to FW1.9 , then upgrade from FW1.9 to FW2.0.
That is to say, please DO NOT upgrade firmware from FW 1.4/1.5/1.6 to FW2.0 directly!
2. Please ensure that the M3 is adequately charged, preferably fully charged, before updating the firmware, to prevent loss of power during the udpate.
3. If the M3 is running with the firmware before FW1.5, you can only enter the shortcuts menu and from there the settings menu and the firmware update option by holding the menu button from the Now Playing screen. Therefore, please load the M3 with at least one song and play a song before attempting to update the M3.
4. The firmware can be downloaded from this link: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39932
To update the M3's firmware:
1. Extract (unzip) the firmware package and copy the "M3.hex" file to the root directory of the internal storage of the M3.
2. While playing a song on the M3, in the Now Playing screen, hold the menu button (upper left button on main panel) to open the shortcuts menu; choose and select the cog icon at the bottom to enter settings menu; click "up" once to choose "Auto upgrade" at the end of the System settings menu and select it to update the firmware, select the tick to confirm;
3. The M3 will update its firmware and then reboot;
4. Choose your preferred language for the M3 again.
Please click here to know more firmware about the M3 in details.