1. How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen?
A: ★Please ensure that the X1II is adequately charged (preferably fully charged) before the upgrade so to prevent power failure during upgrade.
Steps to Upgrading via micro SD card:
1. Choose a card with FAT32 file system (recommended).
★ A micro SD card with exFAT or FAT file system also can be used to upgrade the X1II.
2. Insert the card into the card slot of the X1II and connect the player to the computer via USB
3. Copy the downloaded fimrware file named X1II.fw to the root directory of the micro SD card. (If you have downloaded the .zip firmware pagckage, you'll also need to unzip it first. Of course, if it is already the .fw file, then there is no need to unzip it. )
★ Please do not rename the firmware file. The X1II will NOT recognize the firmware file if you rename it, such as X1II-FW1.5.6.fw.
Firmware file can be downloaded from: X1II - support center (or click here)
4. Disconnect the X1II from the computer and turn it off.
5. Hold the “Shortcuts” key (the key to the upper left of the touch wheel) and then press the “Power / Lock” button to turn on the X1II. The following firmware upgrade dialog will appear.
Firmware updating Firmware updating successful
★Do not press buttons or turn the dial on the X1II while the upgrade is in progress.
6. When the firmware upgrade is complete, the X1II will restart automatically.
★ It is suggested to delete the X1II.fw file from the micro SD card after the update is complete.
★ Please update the media library again after the firmware update.
★ If the update process fails, please change to use a blank micro SD card with capacity under 32GB, and directly format it by the X1II before upgrading again.
★ The original file data in the micro SD card will not get corrupted when upgrading.
★ There is no need to update each firmware, and please just load the latest firmware and upgrade the unit directly.