2. How to upgrade the X3?
A: ★Choose a TF card (Micro SD card) with FAT32 file system. If the update process fails, pls change to use a blank TF card with capacity under 32GB, and directly format the TF card by X3 before the upgrade again.
★ The original file data in the TF card will not be corrupted when upgrading.
★Ensure that the X3 is sufficiently charged (preferably fully charged) before the upgrade to prevent power failure during upgrade.
Methods to Upgrading via TF card:
1. Choose a card with FAT32 file system.
2. Unzip the firmware upgrade package from FiiO and copy the x3.fw firmware file within to the root directory of the TF card. >>Download link for all DAP firmwares
3. Turn off the X3, then insert the TF card into the X3's TF card slot directly.
4. Hold the power button while holding the Menu/Back button to turn on the X3 in firmware upgrade mode.
The following firmware upgrade dialogs will appear and after the upgrade is complete, the player will restart automatically.
★Do not press buttons or turn the dial on the X3 while the upgrade is in progress.
5. When the firmware upgrade is complete, the X3 will restart automatically.
★Please delete the x3.fw firmware file from the TF card after the upgrade is complete.
★Please update the media library by "System settings" after the firmware upgrade.
Video introduction to the upgrading: click here