18. How can I use USB DAC function?
The M15 supports USB DAC for computers. To enable it, please enter the pull-down menu of the M15 and click the 'Storage' icon to change the mode to DAC, or go to Settings -> Audio and check the 'USB DAC' option. After that, connect the M15 to the computer via USB and use it as USB DAC.
For Windows computers, you'll also need to install the USB DAC driver: Click here
for Mac computers, there's no driver required
Graphic instruction for Windows computer:
1. Download the USB DAC driver: Click here , then unzip the package and double click to run the driver:
For Windows7 system, you may need to update the system patch: click here
2. At the Welcome page, click "Next".
3. At the Choose Install Location page, Click "Install" to start the installation (it's
recommended to use the default Install location).
4. There might be a pop-up windows appearing with a warning
notice. If it appears, please simply click "Install this driver software anyway" to
5. At the Complete page, click "Next" then "Finish" to complete the isntallation.
6. Choose 'yes' in the pop-up windows
7. After the M15 is connected successfully to the computer as DAC,right click the Sound icon in the notification area, then click "Playback devices".
8. In the Sound panel, select 'FiiO M series', click "Set default" then click OK to set the M15
as default playback device.
9. Open the foobar2000 and select File->Preferences. Under the "Output" category, select the 'FiiO ASIO Driver ' from the Device list then click OK.
10. After the above operations, you can plug your headphone to the M15 and start to
enjoy the music played on your computer in high quality!